Popular Posts

Honey and Lemon Belly Pork

A tasty and good value cut of meat - my kids love it. Allow two strips per person or three if you want a slightly larger portion and serve with fresh green vegetables. Delicious, but a guilty pleasure!

I generally get quite thin cut strips (2 cm wide), increase the cooking time if yours are wider. A butcher will give you as many or few slices as you want or you can buy in a pack of around 6 slices from the supermarket. This time I used lemon, oranges work just as well.

Ingredients
Belly pork slices
A lemon or orange
Honey

Method
Place the pork in a roasting tin, skin-side up. Wedge slices of orange in between the pork slices. Roast for 20 minutes. Then lower the heat to 180 degrees and cook for a further 20 -30 minutes.

Take the pork out of the oven. Drizzle lightly with honey and leave to stand for a few minutes before serving.

1 comment:

  1. I so love belly pork. I love that this is so simple.

    ReplyDelete