Popular Posts

Blueberry Overnight Oats

Blueberry Overnight Oats

I had breakfast in a coffee shop last week and had Bircher for the first time and got talking to my Dad about overnight oats and tried this recipe. Its a hit so it goes on the blog.These overnight oats can be made 2-3 days ahead of time.

Ingredients
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (I bought reduced fat version)
½ cup blueberries - I've also used mango and dried apricots and apple
⅛ teaspoon pure almond extract (I used vanilla the first time as had run out of almond, was OK but a bit sweet)
⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
small tiny pinch of salt
1 teaspoon shredded coconut
½ tablespoon sliced almonds

Method
1. In a bowl (the original used a glass mason jar, I've used a lidded cup as super easy to take to work) add oats, coconut milk, blueberries, almond extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt. Gently stir until combined. Put lid on a store in the refrigerator overnight. Cling film on a bowl works well too
2. Sprinkle with shredded coconut and almonds

From here.

No comments:

Post a Comment