Popular Posts

Baked Aubergine Steak

I ate out a few days ago and saw this on the menu - aubergine steak with polenta chips. Intrigued I gave it a go and very much enjoyed it. Still not a big fan of polenta though, but maybe one day I will find some brilliantly cooked. Here is my homemade version of the aubergine. I served mine with a roasted sundried tomato and mozzarella ball side dish from the deli counter.





Ingredients
1 medium sized aubergine per person
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
Cayenne pepper

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 180°c and pop some foil on a baking tray
2. Slice the aubergine on opposite sides so it has a flat edge top and bottom. I like to trim the green stem back a little as well
3. Score the top face of the aubergine in a diamond pattern - this will give texture and hold the seasoning
4. Place on the baking tray, season and drizzle with a little oil
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment