Popular Posts

Spiced Root Vegetable & Bacon Soup

Not the neatest, but yummy.
 One of my first 'completely created by me' recipes. I had a glut of vegetables and wanted a tasty autumn soup, so pondering on curried parsnips as a starting point, I went from there. The result was one of the best soups I've ever made. Yummy, hearty and on the sweet side with just enough of the curry spices to balance it out.



Method
Cube half a swede, 3 decent sized carrots, 4 potatoes & 2 parsnips.
Finely chop 1 onion2 slices of un-smoked bacon, cut finely
2 teaspoons of medium curry powder
A knob of butter
2 teaspoons of dried parsley
Water to cover
Pepper to taste (no salt required as the bacon provides enough)

Method
A true one pot dish. Pop everything in the pan together, bring to the boil then immediately leave to simmer.  Once the vegetables are cooked use an electric hand blender to break the soup down. This gives a lovely thick texture. Personally I like it with recognisable chunks of vegetable still in it and a slightly thickened 'gravy', but, you could blend it completely if you chose to.

No comments:

Post a Comment