|New 99p beauty from a Charity shop|
Soak the dried cranberries in hot water for an hour or so before using. This makes much nicer muffins and works with most dried fruits.
150g (5oz) fresh or dried cranberries
100g (4oz) caster sugar
100g (4oz) butter
300g (11oz) self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
2 large eggs, beaten
1tsp vanilla extract (or almond essence if you prefer)
140ml (¼ pint) milk
For a less child friendly version swap some cranberries for dark chocolate chunks
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy then add in the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract then fold in the flour and baking powder to make a thick batter.
- Add the blueberries and spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Bake for 25 mins at 160°C (gas mark 3). Test and look for another couple of minutes.
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tray for 10 mins before turning out.